Tuesday, January 23, 2007

If missing call the Fat Farm

Yesterday was the first day on Weight Watchers.

I just about died, but I made it. I’ve never been on a “diet” before, per se, and I’ve never really worried about the food I eat—haha that’s evident, so having to actually think about what I was eating, asking myself if I was really hungry, and having to say farewell to my friend Cheese was a hard day. I also found that thinking about food, makes you more hungry. I need to not think about food as much.

I do know this much about myself however. I have to eat a bigger breakfast to not feel like I’m starving the rest of the day. I think my first mistake yesterday was eating a cereal that had rice flakes. Rice flakes just do not stay with you thru the morning. I also need to eat some sort of bread with my lunch, to get me to the late afternoon. I know if I can get to about 4 pm with out mindlessly snacking I can make it to dinner.

Speaking of dinner. I made a WW recipe for dinner, and it was really good. The recipe I tried was called Bread-bean soup. It was really easy as well. I lightly sautéed one onion and some garlic in olive oil. After this was soft, I added two cans on vegetable broth, two cans of great northern beans, one packaged of frozen spinach, one can of diced tomatoes and heated till boiling. Then I transferred it all to a 2 qt. casserole pan, and topped it with Italian bread chunks and some shredded cheese. I put this under the broiler for about 5 mins and served. It was really good. I think next time I will only add one can of broth as we like our soups less watery.

So here I am, on day two. We’ll see if I’m alive tomorrow, check with the fat farm if I' missing tomorrow.

No comments: