Monday, March 2, 2009

No More Treats

I just realized that I didn't ever get around to posting in February...MY BAD!

Anyway.....so goes the weight loss. I'm finding that I can't be as vigilant as I was before. By that I mean, I really think, and know my body is still recovering from having a baby, and that requires a few more calories than my daily points allow. I try to make these times count by eating lean proteins or fruits and veg. I've also not been counting milk consumption at all. I know I need the calcium in a bad way, as I'm sure my spawn leeched that all out of my body last year.

Then there is my chocolate addiction. One of my old habits that resurfaced during my pregnancy was buying treats every time I went to the the store. There was no reason, just treats. Anyway, last week I decided no treats at all. Well, it's been hard, very hard to deal with that. I like a little something sweet everyday. I don't think that's bad, but I've found that I have to have all or nothing. Meaning, I have nothing in my house, or I will eat it all. The results however have been good. I managed to drop 2 lbs this week.

The other thing I did was sit down with myself and have a 'come to Jesus' meeting with myself about my habits, goals and keeping track of my food intake. I just have to be better about writing things down, because surprise, surprise when you write before you bite, you don't bite as much. The other thing I did was made a spread sheet on the computer for me to just plug my weekly numbers into. Somehow that seems to be much easier for me to remember. In fact this morning I'd forgotten to weigh in and just seeing the icon on the desktop made me remember.

In other news, it's been really nice outside this last week, and looks to continue this week. It's meant that I've been able to get outside and walk with my baby in the stroller. He doesn't really like it in the stroller, but there is not much I can do about that. He's just going to have to get used to it, because I have to get out and walk. I just cannot stand doing exercise videos...I don't know why, I just can't.

So here we are in March already. I'm almost 10 lbs down from my start weight, which is good, considering I only really started exercising last week in earnest. We keep plugging along....Chicken Fat and her little Cutlet.

No comments: