Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What's Been Going On

Now that life has settled down a bit...

Last week we had the nice folks from Re-Bath in to redo our small bathroom. It took Bob the Bathroom guy 2 1/2 days to finish it all. So for 3 days we had to wash off in the sink, which is fine if you are the baby and can fit in the sink, but not so much when you are Mom and Dad and have to sponge off over the sink. Needless to say I was not able to go out and exercises at all. I had to be in the house when he was here. I also was not interested in getting all hot and gross with no shower facilities. And there was no way in he** I was going to do a video with a stranger in my house....nope, nope, nope. I won't even do a video if my husband is in the room, which is silly when you think about it....we're married and we do the things married people do, he's seen me have a baby and all that's involved there, there is nothing sacred left there.

Oh, and my eating was out of control too. The stress of it all was maddening. Penutbutter-Nutella graham crackers really helped it.

I'm not making excuses, but I did have several revelations about it all. I really need to get back to writing down what I eat in my food journal. I know that when I do that I have success....I know it! Also, I know the reason for that is because I don't eat junk, or too much of a good thing even. I just find that having a baby though, is teaching me about my weaknesses, and things that were once absolutely important have fallen by the wayside, not because I wanted them to, or that I don't care as much, but I find that many things that I used to do fine with are now overwhelming to me.

It also doesn't help that it's summer and there is no way that I am turning on an oven or even the stove most days. If I can't cook it in the crock pot, I'm not cooking it. I've been trying to modify many of my WW recipes to cook in there....so far, I don't know...

Anyway...that's what's been going on the last few weeks. Hovering at 213#s and wishing I could break thru this. However, to end on a positive note, I have been out walking every day since Bob finished the bathroom. Living in the mountains has it's advantages, but one of the disadvantages is that we have a short summer and an early winter. I only have so many days that I can go out and walk outside. I'm going to take advantage of those days, so far, I'm good.

No comments: