Monday, January 4, 2010

Standing at the Base of the Mountian of Self Improvement

New Year, new me. Right?

It's funny. Only last week it was December, and I was lolling around eating butter and mayo out of the containers. No, no I was not. However, I was having a healthy relationship with cheese and crackers. Curse you Town House crackers!

Anyway, that's all done now. I'm mending my wicked ways.

Everything is ready to go. I have my notebooks for tracking my food points all set up. I have healthy snacks in the fridge. I have healthy meals planned for the week. I have opened up and have read thru all of my Weight Watchers literature, cook books and etc.

So here is where I stand. I am 20#s less than when I started in 2007. YAY! I am still 20#s heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight. Boo! My 10% weigh loss goal just happens to be that 20#s. YAY! So, if I can keep my motivation up and my drive, I think I can get rid of that 20#s, make that 10% in a reasonable amount of time.

My hurdles are these: my mental state. That's a given. Last year I had no motivation to track points, to do anything productive. Let's face it though, with an newborn I was lucky to not lose my mind on a daily basis, which happened more often than I wanted. I'm just sayin'.

Granted I did not eat like a pig nor was I gluttonish in anyway, but I did flirt with chocolate way too much. Lindt Intense Orange bars to be exact. Well, we broke up, me Lindt, cheese, crackers all of it. There is none of it in the house. Not even my secret bean jar chocolate stash has chocolate in it at present. That's progress people, progress.

My second goal is to lose a jean size. If and when I do that, I will be in my pre-pregnancy clothes. Which there are many of, and cute ones too.

My third goal, and this will be a result of the other two coming to pass, is that my blood pressure will go back down into the acceptable range. Right now I am right on the border of moderately high and normal. I know with lifestyle changes it will fall again, and the doctor will get off my back.

At present my issues are these: it is cold and that means my normal outside walk has been sidelines. We can go out if the temp is above 40* without giving my son frost bite. Under that it's too cold. I am hoping for a "warm" day (I realize that is totally a relative term but it's what we have to work with here!). If not, it's DVD time. Not that Leslie Sanson is bad. She's not. She and Denise Austin are totally great and motivating. It's just that they are DVDs, and that is my least favorite way to exercise.

There is is, the whole, nekkid truth of where I stand at the base of the mountain of self improvement. Ready or not 2010 here we go.

1 comment:

Beth Blair said...

good luck. I think it might just be time for me to dust off my fitness blog as well. New Year, why not start over.