Thursday, January 7, 2010

This week in half review

The first week is half way thru...

It's always the hardest in the beginning. But this beginning is not nearly as hard at that first beginning back in 2007.

Tracking is something that is always hard. I start out good in the AM, but by dinner I just forget. Despite that, I have stayed within 2-3 points over my daily points allowance. And to step down from my sweet tooth, which the holiday season did not help any, I've just had one or two cinnamon graham crackers after dinner. They are sweet enough to do the trick, but not sweet enough or full of fat to submarine me. I know in a few more days my palate will be where it needs to be and I won't even need the graham crackers anymore.

One thing that I love though are oranges. I'm from Arizona and grew up in an orange grove. In Arizona, during the winter (when the citrus comes in) you just don't buy oranges at the store, you just don't. Usually there are calls up and down the street and across town from families to "Come get some citrus. We're swimming over here." It's great. But being in the deep, dark winter of Northern New Mexico (I know not nearly as gnarly as say Minnesota or Nebraska -- or so my friends there tell me), there is no citrus and you have to buy your oranges at the store. For shame, for shame.

This year I actually did good with a box of Christmas navels. All of them have been very sweet and almost, but not nearly as good as oranges from our trees at home. So we'll make due with what we have. In good news though, my 13 month old son loves oranges. I slice them up into "smiles" for him and he likes to gnaw on them for a snack. A true Arizona baby, even though he was born here.

So for this week, down a pound, getting things back under control Only three more pounds to break into the 190s again...and that will be good.

No comments: