Monday, October 5, 2009

Traking, addictions and recovery.

We've been back from our vacation for over a week, and I'm only now starting to feel human again.

Anyway, I gained two pounds while we were away. My MIL has a knack of making us all eat...we're all too skinny you know.

And today I'm tracking points again. I will be writing my food down and staying with in my points goal. I've got to get serious again about this, I just have to.

I also made a scary discovery about myself. I think I am seriously addicted to sugar. There was a day last week that was particularly crazy. I felt like the only way I'd get thru it was with sugar. Sadly, I answered that clarion call, and did feel better, and I was putting a mini-donut into my yap. Oh, my.

I need to think about how to deal with that. It never occurred to me that I might have addiction issues with sugar. I guess I surprise myself now and again.

But, despite that, I'm going to try and make it a good week.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Sugar is extremely addicting. I would offer suggestions, but my advice always seems to turn out wrong. Ask my hubby. Anyway, good luck!

d.fine09 said...

I agree, sugar is so addicting. One day off program takes me 5 to get back on, mostly because I am craving sugar.

Mach Momma said...

I found you again! I think the reason we crave sugar is we need energy. At least for me. Try some B vitamins. I eat Xocaii chocolate by the handfuls. It makes everything 'all better'. I'll do a post on it.

Mrs Andy said...

Momma, what is Xocaii chocolate? I will look for your post about it.